December 12, 1911: The Canuck Supply Co. Limited was founded to represent The Anchor Packing Co. in Canada, manufacturing leather products, packing, seals, rings and various types of gaskets. In the 1920’s the Canuck Co. acquired the Anchor Packing Company brand, opened a Metal Products Division and formed National Refractories Limited to manufacture fire bricks and clay until the passing of the steam engine and then renamed itself Joseph Robb & Company.

 

In the 1940’s, leather products were sold with the “Robco” identification. A great deal of leather products were produced for the Canadian Army. Rubber and Engineering Divisions were added and the company became involved in the manufacture of Klinger valves and gauges.

In 1964, Robco was the first company to make Teflon sheet and extrusion in Canada and began selling UHMW-PE with much success.

In 1969, The Albion Company was acquired followed by the Ontario Rubber Company in 1974, and a Robco Gasket Division was established

in Toronto in 1978. A year later, the Joseph Robb & Co. officially became Robco Inc.

Exact-A-Seal a mechanical seal manufacturing company located in Sarnia, Ontario was purchased in 1984. The Robco Gasket Division eventually joined Ontario Rubber in Mississauga.

And in 1997, Albion, Anchor Packing, Ontario Rubber, Exact-A-Seal and the Engineered Plastics Division all merged under one company name: Robco Inc.

Since then, Robco has received ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001 certifications, and has continuously acquired the latest technologies in CNC machining, water jet cutting and various specialty equipment. Robco is also part of a joint venture in Independence, VA, manufacturing high-temperature needled blankets. 

In 2012, Robco acquired "Prodimax Inc. Thermal Insulation & Services" which manufactures and installs removable insulation covers for valves and process equipment.

 

Go to top